Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is Harmony?





Recently, we hear the word “Harmony” very often.   But what exactly is “Harmony” anyways?

Harmony is used in Music often, and when you look up “Harmony” in Wikipedia, it says “Harmonization usually sounds pleasant to the ear when there is a balance between the consonant and dissonant sounds. In other words, that occurs when there is a balance between "tense" and "relaxed" moments.”

Okay, I kind of understand it, but not exactly. There are a lot of books, articles, and information about “Mind, Body, Spirit,” and yes, I am looking for a harmony in those areas because my understanding of Harmony is the balance of Mind, Body, and Spirit. I have been learning and have a little bit knowledge about it, but I couldn’t quite digest the concept yet because I wasn’t living in harmony, nor trying to live with it. I was trying to understand the concept, but I was not applying them to my daily life. 

All I did was going to work, come home, and watch some TV, repeatedly. I was just too tired to do anything. My mind was very busy thinking about what to do at my job even when I was at home. I rarely did any exercise, had any hobbies, or cooked any meals. My life was devoted to my job. I didn’t have life besides my job, and I just didn’t know who I am anymore. My mind was occupied, and I forgot to take care of my body and my heart.

My spirit was crying for help.

I asked myself, what do I like? What’s my hobby? What is my favorite thing to do? I couldn’t answer any of them. Whom I thought I was seemed so empty all of the sudden. There were always some excuses such as school, work, or family, and I didn’t look into myself. But you know what, I always had choices. I just didn’t notice them. Now, it’s time for me to find out. I need to find out who I am underneath this skin.  If I can find who I am, then maybe it could lead me to the harmony of Life. 


How is it to live in harmony and feel happiness? 


This is a starting point of a journey. through sharing experiences, feelings and thoughts.  We can be inspired to find the harmony in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment