Monday, February 13, 2012


Finding something new

When I feel happy, I know I love myself. Everything seems so brighter, and makes me laugh on everything. Certainly, a beautiful music adds to the feeling of serenity as well. But, how can I feel the happiness?

When you eat your favorite chocolate cake, it will probably give you a smile. It’s simple, but a happiness, right? If you can bake your favorite chocolate cake and it tastes so good, do you think you are going to have a big smile?


For some reason, I thought baking is difficult, so I didn’t bother to try it myself until now. I just needed to find out what it’s like. Why not? I am usually sitting in the area that is only a few feet away from kitchen anyways, so I decided to put my laziness on the side, and went into the kitchen. Preparation was fun and simple as I just followed the recipe.The most exciting time was when the cake is in the oven for 30 min. I anxiously waited, and honestly, I was so inpatient and had to check the oven in every few mins. I felt my satisfaction, confident, and relieve when the cake turned out to be good as it was my first chocolate cake. And, I thought “I can bake!”

I discovered something new about myself, and most importantly it was fun experience.

My mind has been so preoccupied dealing with the stress, and I forgot about what I can do, like to do, or want to do.  It’s pretty awesome to feel “I can do it too! And I like it!”  


Sometimes we forget the fact that happiness or just the things give us a simple smile is in front of us. I am planning to try on new things that catch my attentions. Have you had one of those happy discoveries of yourself? I’d like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment